Welcome to our Family Get Fit Blog. We would love to hear from all that would like to share; fun ideas , fitness tips, recipes, exercise ideas and anything pertaining to getting healthy. If not enjoy and hopefully this will motivate and inspire you to live a healthier fit life.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whole Wheat Bread--that's actually yummy!

Whole Wheat Bread
1 ½ T yeast
1/4 + 1/8 cup warm water
½ tsp sugar
3 ¾ cup hot tap water
5 ¼ cup unsifted whole wheat flour
½ cup honey or molasses
½ cup cooking oil
1 ½ T salt
3-4 ½ cups more whole wheat flour
Sprinkle yeast in warm water. Do not stir. Sprinkle sugar over water. Set aside. Combine hot water and 3 ¾ cup of flour in big bowl. Add oil, honey, and salt. Mix until well-blended. Add yeast and then 3-4 ½ cups more flour. Knead on floured surface. Let rise in greased bowl, covered with hand towel, for one hour or until doubled in size. Spray or grease pans. Form loaves and place in greased pans. Let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes). Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then at 350 for 15 minutes more. Remove from pans and cool. Makes 2 loaves.

5 comments:

Carpenters said...

This sounds yummy, I wish I had more time to make bread. There is nothing better than homemade bread. My mom used to make it, and even ground her own wheat... New goal--make time to make bread...

Christie said...

This looks like a fun blog. I'll be back to get ideas on how to get my whole family moving. Thanks for the motivation!

Christie said...

Me again. I saw the October goals. Here's mine:

Keep my daily net carbs under 80 grams. And no eating after 7 PM. -- CH

Dallas and Dakota's Mom said...

I love wheat bread. Can't stand white bread. ugh. lol Making my own though? I don't know about that. lol I'm not much in the kitchen. haha You can make it Nicole and then tell me how it was. :)

Nic said...

Hello Nicole. I am also Nicole. I saw your comment on DTBMULF. I heart wheat bread so, click, click and here I am. Good luck with your goals.